Five Berlin Bowl Joints Killing The Bowl Game
Everybody has their favorite food paraphernalia. It is widely known that of western utensils, the most beloved of course is the spoon. Some people like the knife, and we all know they are stuck in the penile phase. Some people adore the tongs, they are usually emotionally distant. But the most tried and true, utility piece of equipment is none other than the bowl. It’s ancient, it’s classy, it’s efficient, it’s the peoples plate. And here are five of the best Berlin Bowl Joints representing bowl love with pride.
Mitte- MA’LOA Hawaiian Poké Bowl joint has been getting love from bowl lovers for the better part of last year. They do a legit Poké with in house concoctions or you can create your own on the bar, either with rice or zucchini spaghetti base.
- Pros: Fresh fish, In a world where Chirashi is a seldom sight, MA’LOA has some killer rice
- Cons: Oooh it gets busy, and it’s high tourist territory, and it’s on the steep side of lunch
Oranienburger Strasse 7
Beets & Roots
Beets & Roots
Mitte- Beets & Roots, one of the more hardcore bowl joints in town, with a wide variety of bowl constructs either on the menu or a la carte. Look out for the halumi, it may be like eating a coronary, but never has a heartattack been more enjoyable. No worries, you can make up for it with all the healthy awesomeness surrounding the fried cheese. Now with two locations.
- Pros: Big portions, some left over for afternoon snack, or perhaps a full second lunch. Wide variety of options.
- Cons: They may be big portions, but they ain’t cheep… Große Hamburger locations gets slammed for lunch.
Trip Advisor- 5
Dorotheen Str. 83
Große Hamburger Str. 38
Prenzlauer Berg- Poké Pelelina, poké bowl joint up in Prenz. around since this past summer has been winning love fore their bowl. A wide variety of products and get this, Cray Fish… Yeah, Cray Fish. Where else you gunna get that?
- Pros: Cray Fish, Tuna, Salmon, Awesome Sauce… literally an awesome Tagorashi sauce.
- Cons: Do your business before, because toilets are sadly lacking. We told you to go before we left the house!!
Trip Advisor- 5
Stargarder Straße 68
Mitte- Daluma, healthy super food joint has been around for a while and has grown organically from mainly a juice joint into a legit resto. with special focus on the bowls. Veggie love is big here with plenty of supporters representin’ as do or die Dalumites.
- Pros: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, all bowl worthy
- Cons: Prices are creeping, and the direction is up
credit: Sophia Giesecke
Trip Advisor- 4.5
Kreuzberg- Pacifico, buns and bowls. Californian-Korean S(e)oulfood. Its S(e)oulfood with a California twist and lets face it, as twists go, California twists are pretty solid in the spectrum of twisting. Now this may not necessarily be bowl connected, but one highlight includes Kimchi Fries. Just imagine that conglomerate in your pie hole.
- Pros: If you don’t feel like a bowl, pretty solid burgers, and it bears repeating: KIMCHI FRIES
- Cons: Small place, service is a feature that may be found a bit wanting
Trip Advisor- 4